Skin Tone and Jewelry
Every woman understands the importance of skin tone when it comes to making herself attractive.
If this were not true, there would be no need for cosmetics. Every woman uses cosmetics to enhance
the features of her face thereby creating a certain look which she wants. And, these facts supports the
importance of a ladies skin tone.
In case you are not aware of it, there are two basic types of skin tones: cool skin tone and warm skin tone.
Understanding the difference between the two will be very helpful in choosing colors and materials with
amazing results in creating the look you desire. Let's take a quick look at these two different skin tones
and you will be able to determine which one best describes you.
Here's how to do it!
Locate an area where your veins are visible, typically the wrist area or the large vein at the bend
of your elbow. Your vein color will determine whether you have a warm or cool skin tone. Cool skin
tones normally have bluish-colored veins and warm skin tones have greenish-colored veins.
Another easy way is to hold two pieces of fabric against your face - silver and gold. Analyze
which one looks better and note which color brightens up your face. You might even try holding
up a silver necklace and a gold necklace to see which one makes your face appear brighter.
Silver brightens cool skin tones while gold brightens warm skin tones.
Cool skin tones
- Bluish-colored veins
- Pinkish or rose-red undertones when looking in the mirror
- Blue, green or gray eyes
- Naturally blond, black, or brown hair
- Silver brightens the face
- (Most people have cool skin, including people with dark and tan skin)
Warm skin tones
- Greenish-colored veins
- Yellow or golden undertones when looking in the mirror
- Brown, Black, or hazel eyes
- Natural red, orange or strawberry blonde hair or brown hair with a reddish tint
- Gold brightens the face
Jewelry selection for your skin tone
Jewelry, like cosmetics, is an accessory which you use to make yourself more attractive.
First, to please yourself, and secondly, your friends and family.
Keep in mind that the following items are just basic jewelry suggestions which will work for each skin tone.
The final decision will be yours to make in achieving the desired look you want.
Cool skin tone jewelry
- Silver and silver-gemstone pieces
- White or light colored pearls
- Amethyst (purple) gemstone jewelry
- Lapis Lazuli (deep blue) gemstone items
- Malachite (green with black strains) gemstones
- Rose Quartz (pink color) gemstone jewelry
- Any gemstone color in purples, reds, dark blue, light blue, dark green, and light greens.
Warm skin tone jewelry
- Gold and gold-gemstone pieces
- Gold or orange toned pearls
- Turquoise gemstone jewelry
- Red and Pink Coral bead jewelry
- Carnelian (orange-red color) gemstone pieces
- Amber jewelry with yellow, green, or red gemstones colors
- Any gemstone color in dark to light red, orange to yellow, browns (earth tones), dark to light greens
I hope this information will help you in making good choices to enhance the natural beauty of your face.
The jewelry options available to you are almost endless and you should not have any problems in finding
some pieces which will help you achieve your desired look.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.
Back to Jewelry Articles
Go to Home Page